Monday, December 28, 2009

Putting Together A Whole Lot of Recipes!

I'm back! We've survived Christmas and are gearing up for New Year's, so it's time for a blog post. Today seems to be one of those days when I'm putting together parts of past blog posts and having an easy day. The kids had a platter of dippers for lunch with three dips: peanut butter, whipped honey, and peanut butter pumpkin dip. A and I had sausage sandwiches and chips. All of us rounded out our diet with one truffle each, of course - I've only made about 150 of them this holiday season for goody boxes and ourselves! I've made hummus for A and I to snack on this afternoon. Tonight's dinner is a meatloaf I pulled from the freezer and will serve with mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted carrots, and corn with herb butter (if you are counting calories, make your meatloaf with lean meats, serve mashed cauliflower or mashed sweet potatoes instead of white sweet potatoes, and skip the butter on the corn!). Dessert is still a debate, possibly shoofly pie but most likely chocolate truffle pie (forget trying to count your calories!). And to wash it all down this evening, a gorgeous cup of almond biscotti tea, a black tea gently flavored with almonds and cinnamon, one that is one of our favorites from Teavana. Just for fun, I'll try my hand at a new sweets recipe this afternoon, probably blondies. Watch tomorrow's post for whatever new thing I make today!

No comments:

Post a Comment